Monday, November 24, 2008

My Owl


Yesterday while the baby was sleeping I decided to attempt an owl. Now I am not really a sewer and have no great talent for it, but i love it and figure that I will learn as I go... My little owl is the first softie that I have "designed" myself. I based it loosely on a drawing of an owl that I found in the paper this week. It needs more work, but I think that it's not bad considering it's a first attempt. She keeps falling over and her shape is a little funny, but I am going to persist and try another one today (if Ruby has another long nap)...

About my little Rubicon... I think she's teething! Already. She has little hot red cheeks and is sucking on her little hand constantly... more like chewing at the moment, she's been sucking on it for weeks. She is a bit clingy, but otherwise doesn't seem too bothered by it otherwise. I should be careful saying that as it could all change in a flash... It does make me a little sad as it just shows me how fast the time is going already. I love having a little baby and I want it to go nice and slow, but as always the slower you want something to go, the faster it actually does go. She'll be a teenager before I know it!

No comments: