Sunday, December 7, 2008

Summer Rain

I love that song and I've got it stuck in my head right now(I know it shows my age being tragic and 80's). This morning it started off nice and sunny and I had every intention of walking up to the bakery and the fruit shop, but some big black clouds have just opened up and are telling me to stay indoors without feeling guilty.

I have a new copy of Donna Hay and want to find some yummy treats to make for the various Christmas parties coming up. I haven't been letting myself bake at all as I eat everything I cook, so I am happy to have the excuse of baking for other people because I really do love it, especially the sweet stuff. I am thinking of making some allspice and chilli florentines for next weekends party. (I put the chilli in so i can't eat them but everyone else can - I'm intolerant to chilli). I am sure there are many more delicious treats to be made too!

The other thing I want to do today is get some more baby shoes made. My sister is attending two more markets , Bathurst and Blackheath, before Christmas and I want to send some stuff for her to sell for me. I also have to design and print some business cards, work on my quilt and do those overalls I keep talking about! At least I have almost finished my mountain of paperwork. I got so much of that done last week as Ruby was having HUGE sleeps. I think she's been having a growth spurt as she has been sleeping for a good two - three hours in the afternoons. She has woken up really early a few times this past fortnight though, which is not so great.

No comments: